Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Review: Oh My Goth


Book Title: Oh My Goth
Author: Gena Showalter
Age Recommended: YA, 7th grade, 13+ (Some profanity, Light romance)
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars



Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter is definitely a good read! I read this book about a week ago and I couldn't put it down. Ok, so here's the jist of it:

Jade is a nonconformist goth who values individuality. She has a group of Goth friends who think the same way. They are pretty much the outcasts of high school. Jade's attitude is getting to be a problem, though. Her smart mouth lands her in the principal's office where she meets Clarik, the new kid. The principal comes up with a good solution to the problem...Jade is sent to a "field trip" with her arch-nemesis, Mercedes- a popular girl-, to a remote location. She is strapped down and put into an alternate universe where she is actually popular and Mercedes is one of the freaks. They realize that they have to work together to get out of the alternate universe, but they are unwilling. Meanwhile, the new guy in school is up to something that Jade just can't figure out... Will they get out? Or will Jade be stuck in an alternate universe forever?

So, that's pretty much what the book's about. Oh My Goth, is a really good book. I enjoyed it and could really connect with the main character, Jade. I also liked Jade's view on things. She really made me think twice about trying to be like the popular people in school. Her attitude really brought a funny spin to the book. Her comebacks were perfect and it had me laughing out loud the whole time. However, the book had some heartfelt moments that added a lot to the depth of the story. 

So all in all, I thought this was a great book and I recommend it for you to read.

So check this book out,

Later Booklovers,

~Kara♥♪

No comments:

Post a Comment