Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Book Review - The Secret Diamond Sisters



Book Title: The Secret Diamond Sisters
Author: Michelle Madow
Recommended Age: 15 years old and up (Some profanity, heavy romance, and alcohol)
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

The Secret Diamond Sisters was a good book, but I give it mixed reviews. Here's a summary so you know what it's all about before I start the review.

The Secret Diamond Sisters centers around three sisters, Savannah-15, Courtney-16, and Peyton-17. The three sisters grew up not knowing their father and not quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad—he is a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly, the Strip's most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past.


The problem with this book was that the characters were somewhat unlikeable. They made some bad or stupid decisions and that really made me dislike them, but it seems like this is the author's intention. I believe she made them unlikable so that in the next book, she could totally change your opinions of them. In a little endnote in the book, she wrote "I hope you end up feeling completely different about certain characters by the end of Diamonds in the Rough than you did at the end of The Secret Diamond Sisters." That leads me to believe that she will be making some major changes to how that characters act. The reason I didn't like this book even though I knew what the author was trying to do, was because it was just a huge backstory for the next book. Don't get me wrong, it was a drama-filled, enjoyable backstory, but I feel like I could probably have read the next book without reading the first one.

The Secret Diamond Sisters is a good book and overall I enjoyed it.  If you choose to read it, then I suggest you try to overlook the characters' actions.  Just go with the flow and wait for the second book.

Check this one out.

Later Booklovers,

~Kara♥♪

No comments:

Post a Comment